What does a mentally healthy workplace look like? Imagine your organization as we paint the picture: Employees are engaged and passionate about their jobs, often surpassing expectations and productivity markers set by management. Management, staff and all other players motivate one another and enjoy satisfying, reciprocal professional relationships. Sick time and disability claims are at an all-time low. Employee retention rates are excellent, and your organization functions like a well-oiled machine. Morale and employee satisfaction are so exceptional that your organization develops a stellar reputation which results in more qualified candidates when job opportunities arise. Your organization thrives because when mental health is valued and prioritized, the domino effects are endless.
The Mentally Healthy Workplace aims to equip managers, human resource professionals, health and safety coordinators and other employee wellness champions with the necessary tools to promote workplace wellness. Mental health issues account for about one third of all disability claims in Canadian workplaces, and 70% of the total costs. In addition to the impact of absenteeism, many organizations are experiencing diminished productivity and other effects of “presenteeism”—employees being physically present at work but functioning below their capacity due to mental distress. Employers have a duty to make reasonable accommodations for health conditions whether physical or mental in nature but offering support and implementing accommodations can be complex when it comes to mental health concerns.
This three hour seminar is open to anyone interested in learning more about workplace wellness. Developed and delivered by Elizabeth Eldridge, Founder/Director of Arpeggio Health Services and Certified Psychological Health & Safety Advisor, this valuable professional development opportunity is one you don't want to miss!
Seminar: The Mentally Healthy Workplace (3 hours)
Tuesday, September 22, 2020 | 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Days Inn | Salon A & B
2515 Mountain Road | Moncton, NB
Instructor: Elizabeth Eldridge
Registration deadline EXTENDED to Monday, September 21 at 5:00 p.m.
Course fee: $139.00 per person (HST applicable)
A NOTE ABOUT OUR COVID-19 PROTOCOLS:
After a several month hiatus from in-person trainings due to the global pandemic, we are absolutely thrilled to be able to offer live training sessions once again in certain geographical areas! With this new territory comes a shift in our processes to ensure the safety of our participants and instructor team. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in following Public Health requirements. Registered participants will receive further details by email prior to their training session, but here are some things you should know before registering:
- Seating in the training room will be arranged to ensure 2 metre distancing.
- In effort to minimize contact between participants and venue staff, please note that coffee, tea, water and snacks for breaktimes will not be provided. Participants are asked to bring their own water and any food provisions they will need.
- Participants must use the hand sanitizing station at the entry to the training space. Hand sanitizer will be required when you arrive as well as any time you leave the training space and return (e.g. restroom/break time).
- Participants will be required to bring their own community (non-medical) face mask for use during brief group activities where the ability to ensure physical distancing may be compromised. You will be unable to enter into the training space without a mask.
- Participants will be required to read through a risk assessment upon arrival. Anyone deemed a risk for COVID-19 will not be admitted to the training room.
- As per Public Health requirements, instructors will take down names and phone numbers upon entry to the training room. This information will be kept private and will only be used to facilitate contact training should someone on the premises test positive for COVID-19 within the two weeks following the session.
- Due to the new Public Health requirements and the unpredictability of our circumstances, our regular cancellation policy will not apply. Participants who cancel with more than 7 days' notice will receive a full refund. For cancellations with less than 7 days' notice we will gladly apply your registration fee as a credit toward any future session with us.
- In the event that the province imposes changes to the present phase of the region's Recovery Plan, we may have to postpone the session with little notice. Please ensure that when you register you use an email address you have regular access to, and that you check your email before leaving home the morning of the training.
TRYING TO REGISTER AT WORK? If you're attempting to complete your registration using a device and/or network issued by your organization there may be a firewall in place preventing our payment platform from functioning properly, resulting in a "Hmm, Something Went Wrong" message. If you run into this issue please try registering on a personal device using a personal network. Alternatively, we can issue you an electronic invoice which can be paid directly by credit card, but please note that we are unable to reserve seats without advance payment so you will not be guaranteed a seat until the invoice is issued and paid in full. To request an invoice, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know who to make out the invoice to, the email address where it should be sent, and session details (course type, dates, location and number of seats you’d like to reserve).
Click HERE to download a detailed session agenda.
The Mentally Healthy Workplace - Moncton, NB
Due to the new Public Health requirements and the unpredictability of our circumstances during the pandemic, our regular cancellation policy will not apply. Participants who cancel with more than 7 days' notice will receive a full refund. For cancellations with less than 7 days' notice given we will apply your registration fee as a credit toward any future session with us.
In the event that we have to cancel this session due to changes in the province's guidelines, participants will be notified of the cancellation via email at address you indicate in the "Participant's Email Address" box on the registration page. Please understand that due to circumstances beyond are control we may be required to cancel the session with little notice.
By proceeding with registration, you are indicating your acknowledgement and agreement to the Cancellation Policy outlined above.
Please ensure you have taken note of the date(s), time, location and all other details relevant to the session for which you've registered.
Once registration has been completed, you will receive a detailed receipt by email through our automated registration system at the email address you fill out in the "Email for order confirmation" box at checkout. Please check your junk/spam folder.
Participants will receive a reminder email a few days prior to the session.