Give the git of mental health training! A great way to support professional development endeavours of a loved one or let an outstanding staff member know you value their continuing education. Your gift certificate will have no expiration date and will remain valid even if the course's registration fee increases. Purchase this gift certificate and we'll send it to you or the receipient by snail mail with a unique promo code they can use to reserve their seat in a Mental Health First Aid Standard (Virtual Training) session of their choice (any dates). This training is 8 hours in length and is offered regularly in a variety of time zones. Participants must complete a 2 hour self-directed module plus the two facilitator-led virtual classroom modules in full in order to acquire MHFA certification.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis. Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
- Talk about declines in their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Reach out to these support
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
MHFA Standard is a brand new, highly interactive virtual adaptation of the Mental Health First Aid training program, and uses a blended learning model. This 8-hour course opens with a self-directed module (Module 1) that focuses on the information and strategies that participants will discuss and practice throughout the virtual classroom modules (Modules 2 and 3).
Module 1: Self-Directed (appx. 2 hours)
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to MHFA actions
Module 2: Virtual Classroom (3 hours)
- Practice applying MHFA actions to situations of declining mental well-being
- Guidelines for MHFA conversations with people from diverse cultures and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community
Module 3: Virtual Classroom (3 hours)
- Discussion on using MHFA actions for self-care
- Practice using MHFA actions in crisis situations
Gift Certificate: Mental Health First Aid Training (STANDARD/VIRTUAL)
Purchased gift certificates cannot be returned or refunded.